Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jurlique Lavender Hand Cream

If there's one thing I always aim to do, it's to moisturize my hands each time after I wash them.

I drink a lot of water. Hence, a lot of toilet trips. And, I'm very particular about washing my hands with soap each time after I visit the loo. Other than the hand wash I have at home, all other hand washes that I encounter do more than clean. They dry the hands up so badly that my hands would itch and flake.

I've noticed it all the more so in the cold weather where we crank the heaters up and think nothing of washing our hands in hot water.

At my desk at work, I've a tube of Nivea CoQ10 Anti-Ageing thingamajig. It works well and it's economic looking at the way I moisturize my hands like a maniac.

However, in my bag, I wanted something more luxurious. Something prettier. Something that would make me go "Ahhh..." after I use it. Something I won't use throughout the day but only when I'm out and aboutI fell in love with Jurlique's Lavender hand cream on a shopping trip to Myer Doncaster after work one day.



I picked up the tester, squeezed a tiny bit onto my palms and slowly massaged the product into my hands. It was thick and gooey initially but soon after that, every bit of the product was absorbed into the skin leaving my hands very smooth, very soft and smelling faintly of lavender.

On that particular day, I had on Hermes Kelly Caleche on my wrists and I was extremely pleased that the hand cream did not clash with one of my most favourite scents.

Encased in a metal-like and stiff tube, the Jurlique lavender hand cream felt solid in my hands. It's a no-fuss, no-frills packaging with hardly any motifs nor decoration on the tube with a plastic deep purple cap. One of the problems I always have with such products is the way you could use up every single drop of product there is. The very friendly sales staff then rooted around in the drawers and picked out the funniest looking contraption!

She then picked up the tester tube, laid it flat between 2 wooden pieces with grooves, clamped it down tight and started twisting the handle. She was effectively squeezing every single bit of the product from the bottom of the tube and forcing it all the way to the opening! And, I was told that I could bring my tube in anytime and they would be more than happy to help me flatten the tube to get all my products out!

I was tickled silly by the idea and was intrigued at the same time.

The Jurlique Lavender Hand Cream comes in 2 sizes: 125ml and 40ml and can be found in most drugstores, standalone stores as well as shopping malls.


No comments: