Monday, August 06, 2007

Bobbi Brown Stonewashed Nudes Palette

I try not to buy into the hype of each season's makeup 'must-haves', and when I first caught sight of Bobbi Brown's Stonewashed Nudes eyeshadow palette about a month ago, I wasn't as enamoured with the palette as many other beauty bloggers. But as the end is nigh for my beloved Vincent Longo eyeshadow trio in Easy Rider, and it was the first time in years I've actually finished a pot of eyeshadow. The imminent demise of my pot of Easy Rider helped me to realize that I overwhelmingly prefer a nude-brown eyeshadow combination to wear to work on a daily basis. I considered getting a second pot of Easy Rider, but that would mean delayed gratification as Vincent Longo makeup is not available in Malaysia. Bobbi Brown's Stonewashed Nudes eyeshadow palette, on the other hand, was easily available (albeit for a limited period only), highly coveted and fantastically office-friendly.

Still, it takes a longer time for seasonal collections to hit our shores (O' Flashtronic, wherefore art thou?) and after days of skulking around the standalone Bobbi Brown cosmetics boutique in Mid Valley, my vigilance with rewarded when the palette finally went on display today. A failed shopping trip over the weekend had left me with more cash in the purse than usual, so I bought the palette, encased in taupe brushed metal, instead.



L-R: Navajo, Mica, Ash, Hot Stone, Stonewash, Rock, Espresso



I now have a reason to look forward to the second day of work this week. For now.

No comments: