Touted to be a celebrity makeup artist with clientele from the rich and famous (Kate Moss), Elke Von Freudenberg has a series of videos found here.
* I've never known how to apply primer until now.
* I like applying foundation with a brush, gives a picture-perfect-photoshopped effect. But I like her tip in using a piece of tissue paper to pick up any oils left behind by the foundation to make the foundation last longer.
* Brushing powder over blusher on cases when the blush is OD-ed.
* Concealer around the edges of the nose.
* How to apply bronzer with the 2-finger tip.
* Picking up blusher by dabbing the brush onto the cake instead of swirling.
* How to get the correct size of brush for blusher.
* Her comment on never applying blusher on the cheeks below the nose. She's obviously never made any Asian faces up. Most Asians have low cheek bones and flat noses. Yours truly is a classic example. I have to apply the blush onto the apples of my cheeks (which are below my nose) but I swoop up as I do it. Applying it any higher makes me look like I'm a 5-year-old raiding mom's makeup stash.
So, moral of the story: Take makeup tips with many pinches of salt.